Room 7, Harewood School, New Zealand

Welcome to our Blog.We'd love you to make a comment.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sewing hearts for Harewood


We are making hearts out of fabric. We are learning to sew as part of our art.

My heart looks cool . I am going to try my best at sewing.I learnt to use little stitches in my sewing.Isaiah
Room 7 are making hearts for the sewing and lots of people come to help as with our sewing we got the idea for the Canterbury museum.


I learnt how to sew a heart by my self and tie a knot.Caleb .


I learnt how to sew a heart  because I learnt how to tie a knot and how to turn your heart inside out and stuff it.Liam


When I was sewing I learnt how to tie knots. I also learnt how to turn my heart
inside out and turn it back over to stuff it.we(Rm7) had Lot's of nans
and mums to come help us and it was really helpful I am on my third heart
now thanks to their brilliant help.Chloe Robinson



I just love sewing, I learnt how to sew knots.I learnt how to turn my heart inside out Thanks to all the parents who came to help us, We(Rm7) really appreciate it.Chloe

Sewing is so  much fun.I learnt how to sew little stitches and turn it inside out before you stuff it.Thank you to all the parents and grandparents that came and helped us.I am so proud because i am onto my 4th heart.Thank you again for your help.Alec


I have learnt how to stitch my heart together and get my stuffing in the hole. i learnt how to put my heart inside out and i also learnt that you need a lot of sewing supplies for sewing.  I learnt how to sew a heart and how to sew a little fluffy ball onto it. The hardest part about sewing is to put the decorations on the heart and then put the heart inside out.but the even harder part is to put needles in just to sew it together and then take them out.Cadence
I  learnt it that it is imported that you do  to do little stitches to keep the stuffing in.Ethan

I learnt that you can sew one thing on top of another.On my heart I stitched on one pom pom on top of another.Harry!!!!!!!


This year I learned how to tie off at the end of my cotton and that it's really easy to sew your
finger without noticing!!!!!!!! I have sewn 3 hearts already.Caitlin

 I learnt how to sew the hearts it was fun.Sam

I learnt that there are heaps of different ways to sew.
I learnt how easy it is to sew hearts because I have already made two.Sven
I learnt how to sew 3D hearts with decorations like buttons,ribbons,fabric,feathers and cotton to make a pattern.It is really fun and easy.Bonnie
I learnt to turn my heart inside out and put the stuffing in . We used buttons,ribbons,feathers ,cotton and fabric.Zoe
I learnt how to stuff a heart then sew them back up with a needle and thread.Toby
I was really thrilled when my mum came to school because she makes dresses at design and arts college.I learnt to do a blind stitch and make a heart!Maxim

1 comment:

  1. Room 7 your hearts look fantastic! They are really colourful and you all seem to be enjoying making them.

    ReplyDelete