Room 7, Harewood School, New Zealand

Welcome to our Blog.We'd love you to make a comment.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Hearts for Christchurch

On Friday 2  September we all went to the re opening of the Canterbury museum . CTV came to interview some of us I got interviewed. Also the Press and Mainland newspaper came to take pictures of us looking at the hearts for Christchurch. We found hearts from all over the world some from Scotland some from England. All the hearts looked wonderful the way they were displayed was great. Te Papa museum in Wellington helped to display all the hearts. Zoe

On Friday 2nd September, Room 7 went to the Canterbury Museum. We all looked at the new birds section in the museum and we were so glad that we saw that.We looked at the hearts in the museum that the people from overseas and different cities in New Zealand made. When we were doing that, the CTV people came and interviewed some people. They also took photos of us. It was an amazing day! Bonnie

The museum trip was really good. I was interviewed for the CTV news channel about the heart I was drawing - for the class hearts. My favorite thing was the Room of Hearts. When I walked in there, I was gobsmacked! There were so many! Caitlin

The museum trip was really good,my favorite thing was the bird hall, it had sooo many different types of birds there. I saw the bell bird there [that's the bird i was studying]Female & Male.They were beautiful birds and are still living now.Breanna

 the museum  trip was a really good  we got to see the heart that people made for us.There was over 4000 hearts.It was so awesome because CTV news were there they interviewed  some people.

My  favourite thing about the museum was the hearts for Chch I was scribbling down my design for our sewing.There were also designs made out of felt!! and we did felting in term 2 or 3.
did you hear that Caitlin was interviewed and i was standing right next to her so we might be on t.v tonight at 5:30!!!!!! Chloe.


My favourite part of the museum was the hearts because we got to be in the newspaper and be on CTV tonight.I AM SO EXCITED.Mrs Harris had all the hearts in her bedroom and there were 4,000 hearts and she lives in Napier.Alec

My favourite heart was the big red one in the front when you walk in, because it was big and bright and colourful.Sven!

I didn't find a favourite heart I liked them all! Maxim
My favourite heart was the dog with the bone because it was so cute. David

My favourite heart was the one with the beads because it looked so shiny in the light.Cadence         

I liked all  of the exhibits because they looked so  realistc. Ethan

I liked the way  everything was set out in their catergories.i also liked the room full of  hearts because
they looked beautiful.isaiah



1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to go to the musuem on Saturday with Archie and Felix. We looked at the heart display, the dinosaurs, and the Antarctic section. The boys expolred the Discovery centre and had fun in moa cave.

    I thought the hearts were very cleverly displayed.

    ReplyDelete