Room 7, Harewood School, New Zealand

Welcome to our Blog.We'd love you to make a comment.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Our memorial service

Did any of you get in to the Memorial Service? I biked in to Hagley Park and sat with thousands of other Cantabrians to remember the folk we have lost and buildings damaged but also to celebrate being a Cantabrian and start to plan ahead.

Sam Johnson - who we wrote to last year (and wrote back to us!!) lit the flame.

I wonder what is going to happen to the flame?Do you have any ideas?
Miss France

3 comments:

  1. I think it would be good if the flame could be put in a public place as a memorial.Maybe the flame can be left to burn all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't go but I watched it on tv. Elliot Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the service on TV with my family and was very moved. I like Chris' idea about the flame being a memorial. In Perth there is a memorial to remember those who dies in the war that burns all the time.

    ReplyDelete